Yep. It’s here. Dragon*Con.
Tomorrow morning, Pip and I hit the Interstate system of the Mid-Atlantic, heading to the grand event where tens of thousands of geeks of movies, television, books, costuming, and just about anything else you can think of descend on the unsuspecting city of Atlanta. We’re facing our busiest Dragon*Con ever (see what happens when you go a few years without hitting an event like this â€” they make you work!), and the breakdown is here:
- We check in. We see whatever we can. We party a bit with Alex White.
- The Retro-Cast: Steampunk Podcasting & More â€“ 8:30pm inÂ WestinÂ Intâ€™l BC (Main Room)
- The Parsec Awards â€” Saturday, 4:30pm in the Regency V Ballroom â€”Â Hyatt
- The Tech Stuff (hosted by Steve Riekeberg) â€” Saturday, 8pm inÂ HiltonÂ 204
- Steampunk Author Roundtable (Part 1) â€“ Sunday 1oam inÂ WestinÂ Intâ€™l A (Roundtable Room)
- Book Signing, Larry Smith Books, Sunday 12:00-1:00 in Marriott Booth 309
- Book Signing, The Missing Volume, Sunday 1:30-2:30 in Marriott Booth 614
- Social Steam: Steampunk, Social Media, and Making It Work â€“ Monday 10am inÂ WestinÂ Intâ€™l A (Roundtable Room)
- Steampunk 101 â€” Monday, 11:30 a.m. atÂ HyattÂ Embassy D-F
- How Do You Take Your Steampunk â€” Light or Dark? â€“ Monday 1pm inÂ WestinÂ Intâ€™l A (Roundtable Room)
Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
Let’s see exactly what kind of trouble the two of us can get into this weekend. Pictures to come…