Anybody remember May?
I do. Barely.
It was a full-on month, the 2012 edition of the lusty month of May, and when it was done, I figured “Yeah, the rough part of this summer is done. i can now kick back and coast until Dragon*Con (which Pip and I had already committed to last year). Nothing to worry about.”
I really have to learn to not say things like that. As August looms ahead, I’m now looking at the unintentional tour schedule Pip and I have cobbled together between June and now.
Mark your calendars…because we sure have!
August 8-12, New Orleans, Louisiana
Watch the Skies
August 25,Â Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
alongside the steampunk talents of…
- Pip Ballantine, The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
- Sarah Hunter,Â Brute Force Studios
- Jared Axelrod, writer ofÂ The Battle of Blood and Ink
- Steve Walker, artist ofÂ The Battle of Blood and Ink
August 31- September 3, Atlanta, Georgia
- The Retro-Cast: Steampunk Podcasting & More â€“ Fri. 8:30pm in Westin Intâ€™l BC (Main Room)
- The World Is Bigger Than England: Multi-Culturalism in the Alternate History Environment â€”Â Saturday 2:30pm in Westin Intâ€™l A (Roundtable Room)
- The Parsec Awards â€” Saturday, 4:30pm in the Regency V Ballroom â€”Â Hyatt
- The Tech Stuff (hosted by Steve Riekeberg) â€” Saturday, 8pm in Hilton 204
- Steampunk Author Roundtable (Part 1) â€“ Sunday 1oam inÂ WestinÂ Intâ€™l A (Roundtable Room)
- Book Signing, The Missing Volume, Sunday 1:30-2:30 in Marriott Booth 614
- Social Steam: Steampunk, Social Media, and Making It Work â€“ Monday 10am in Westin Intâ€™l A (Roundtable Room)
- Steampunk 101 â€” Monday, 11:30 a.m. at Hyatt Embassy D-F
- How Do You Take Your Steampunk â€” Light or Dark? â€“ Monday 1pm in Westin Intâ€™l A (Roundtable Room)
Write by the Rails (at Trinity Church, Manassas, VA)
Baltimore Book Festival
No, I didn’t plan the end of my summer to be as full-on as the opening of it, but for those of you who have been following my works over the years, you know what I’m going to do â€” lock my feet under the car’s inside lip, raise my hands up, and enjoy the ride!
See you all in the dog days of summer.