First off, I’m sorry everybody. It has been far too long.Â Where in the name of clocks, gears, and cogs have I been?
Let me drop a few quick teasers as to what has been going on in my life:
- Got a new job. Social Media Coordinator. And the best part, it’s very close to home with telecommuting thrown in as a bonus.
- After a month, got a promotion at the new job.
- Then, conducted interviews for the job that I was originally hired to do. (Being on the other end of the interview table? Woah…)
- Got a new car. I’m driving a Nissan LEAF right now. LOVE IT!
- Jumped back on to the Medifast train. My weight was out of control again.
Some of these things I intend to talk about later on this blog. (Stop laughing. Seriously. I am!) I also have to keep in mind, though, I have a novel to finish. I’m still on board with a steampunk reboot of MOREVI, so Rafe Rafton will be returning to the oceans this year.
It is this very subject â€” something that, I’ll admit, people are coming to me more and more about for an opinion which feels pretty good â€” from where this rant finds its core. So let’s turn back the clock to January 15, Tuesday, 10 a.m. At my new day job, a friend sends meÂ a link to AdAge about IBM’s fascination with steampunk. I ran the articleÂ on my Facebook pageÂ as this truly was the convergence between my day job and my writing career. IBM is tracking “steampunk” in order to find patterns between trends and fads. I also posted it on the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Facebook page and between the two, I got a whopping 6 shares. So maybe it wasn’t as cool as I thought.
[Read more…] about STEAMPUNK GOES MAINSTREAM…and other things for geeks to panic about. Again.